Taking a well-deserved break


Sometimes it's good to take a break from our regular activities, and simply pursue nothing other than the deep-rooted urge to get away from the stressfulness of modern living, caused in no small measure by the acute needs and demands that crop up every single day at work. In short, it's good to spend your time on recharging your physical and spiritual batteries.

That's why I've decided to put my blog on a halt for the next four weeks. Instead of writing, I'm going to pick up some of the novels and articles that I've left barely half-read over the course of last year. If I'm not totally mistaken, I have started reading between six or seven works of both fiction and non-fiction, but I've managed to stay with only one or two to the very last paragraph, the very last letter.

Which book that I plan to finish? Well, being interested in the religions of the ancient Assyrians and Babylonians, it's my ambition to plow through a 20'th century piece of scholarship termed 'The history of religions'. Doesn't sound too appealing? I don't mind your objections. But still I'll stay by my choice of more meaty reading this summer. And, oh, I just may finish John Milton's 'Paradise regained', too, before attempting the much more bulky 'Paradise lost'.

Films? Yes, I've a few that form part of my collection of DVDs that I still haven't had time to sit back and enjoy over a steaming hot cup of proper dark roast Swedish coffee, such as the Oscar-nominated 'Beautiful mind'. I just may post a review of that one, or 'Flags of our fathers'. I love WW2-films, albeit I'm a peaceful man. I think.

Anyway, take care as I take care of my family and the books that collect dust on my bookshelf.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg