30 years together: Jesus and me (1))

December 15, 1981, my life was changed - literally forever. Without razzamatazz, even an ounce of drama, I went from being one seeking truth to becoming one found by Truth Himself.

The quiet, fumbling prayer that emanated from deep within while I was walking home from a youth gathering didn't rebound on me with the stunning revelations of heavenly glory, but it revolutionized the direction and meaning of my life. I didn't go from timid introvert to cocksure extrovert, but after a bumpy beginning this spiritual toddler would soon learn to appreciate the New Love that now occupied my inner territory.

ANNIVERSARY!

Soon Jesus and I will be celebrating our thirty years together. Not once throughout these three decades have I seen him with my human eyes, but His impact on my life has been profound and enduring. Today I cannot imagine how I got on without Him for sixteen years. A cliche, for sure, but in 2011 - as in 1981 - a need persists in my life for purpose, meaning, security and well-being. Qualities, realities, that I'm convinced would certainly completely evade me if it weren't for the risen Christ.

Since we're entering the month of December tomorrow, a month in the dead of winter - yet cyclically also heralding new hope and new beginnings through the celebration of Christmas - I will be relaying and exploring old and new glimpses into a relationship that has slowly, gradually turned me into a different man, a better man.

If you want to know more, then pay this site a visit within the next few days.






Kommentarer

Populære innlegg