Be grateful

Living in one of the world's richest countries, it's easy to forget all that I really should be thankful for. Here's a few things I am putting down in writing to remind me of all I take for granted all too often.


  • When I put food on our dinner table, watching the expressions of delight from my children; I really should be thankful.
  • When the morning bus service arrives on time, as it nearly always does, I really should be thankful.
  • When I can take my family to a peaceful holiday resort where no terror is hiding, I really should be thankful.
  • When my montly paycheck arrives, enabling me to more or less punctually pay my creditors, I really should be thankful.
  • When I can lazily grab an empty glass, fill it without much effort from our kitchen sink tap, and enjoy the satisfaction of my thirst being quenched, I really should be grateful.
  • When I can read my  Bible in a language I understand without fearing confiscation or persecution for doing so, I really should be thankful.
  • When our politicians perform competently and morally commendable, not being caught in flagranti embezzling funds or caught lying, I really should be thankful.
  • When I have friends and family that support and respect me, showing more than token love, I really should be thankful.
  • When my wife continues to put up with my many weaknesses, I really should be thankful.
  • When I can go to the comfort of my bed, not worrying over where my children are, I really should be thankful.
  • When my God time after time blesses and aids me, despite my sins and repeated spates of immaturity and selfishness, I really should be thankful.






Kommentarer

Populære innlegg