Enjoying success


It's a wonderful thing that it occurred just as my wife and I were watching. Just a few minutes into the game, our son scored his first ever goal in a football tournament fixture. His team, Kringlebotn Hauk 2000, went on to produce three more goals, so that the final result was a convincing 4-0 victory.

What matters at all about this piece of very private news is that this goal will probably prove to be very valuable for my son's confidence, and consequently, for any and every future performance of his on the football pitch. Honestly, even if my son may possess real talent in this sport, I only want him to continue enjoying the sense of being a contributing part of a team. And for that to happen, it's vital that he gets his small share of success from time to time.

He certainly got what he wanted today, and that's why daddy is content. Self-confidence eluded me for most of my childhood. I don't want that to duplicate throughout his tender years.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg