The gift of music


I've a confession to make: I don't play an instrument. And I haven't got a great voice either. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying one of the greatest gifts my Maker gave humankind, which, obviously, is music.

I've definitely have got my preferences in this field of interest as well, but I like to think that I can enjoy artistic output that cover a large part of the entire gamut of possible musical expressions. Yes, I am into classical music, albeit I have a definite soft spot for orchestral varieties. And yes, I can turn rapturous over pounding rock rhythms. And in between these two 'opposites' there are quite a number of excellent acts that really may bless me out of my socks.

One such artist is Kerry Livgren, the former lead guitarist and principal songwriter with the American progressive rock band "Kansas". Although his best material predates his conversion to Christ, some of the songs that he wrote for the harrowingly short-lived band called "AD" really deserve the best of attentive listeners.

Why not try the "Art of the state" album from 1985? And why not let yourself be engrossed in awe by the beauty and intensity of "All creation sings"? Music does things to you. This music will, too.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg