I'm crying


The following lyrics have been taken from the band Allies' last record, 'Man with a mission', from 1992. The words convey the writer's, Bob Carlisle's, own grief at his father's passing a few years previously. I include them here on my blog as they perfectly mirror my own experience and my own thoughts and reactions following my own loss.


I'M CRYING (words: Bob Carlisle)




The house is the same, nothing has changed

Only the chair is empty

I can't believe it's true, how could it happen to you?

You were always there

Life just isn't fair


I've always known this day would come

You would finally leave me

You knew that I'd be strong, knew it all along

What am I to do
As I think of you?


Refrain:


I'm crying, crying

For the memories you left with me

Are something that my arms can't hold

I'm crying, crying

For the time we had, the time we lost

I'm crying for a world I used to know


I lie on your bed, out of my head

I thought I heard you call me

I can still hear your voice, I'm still your little boy

What's a man to do

As I think of you?


Refrain (repeated)

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg