46 today

Becoming older isn't as bad as I imagined it would be when I was in my teens. Crossing the threshold into 30 was quite unspectacular, and turning 40 was more a matter of getting used to a different number in front oif a zero


Four years away from 50 and I still think that, apart from some minor facial changes (wrinkles), I'm as young inside as I have always been. Some would take that to mean 'childish', others would appreciate the description as referring to an increased measure of wisdom, without loss of the ability to cherish some innocent 'fooling around'.


Having my family nearby on such days as this increases my sense of gratefulness for being alive. I certainly haven't earned my fame as an inventor of epoch-making technology, or as a super-achiever in the field of sports. Today that's no drawback at all. I'm in the lucky position of being a father of three healthy children aged 13, 11 and 8. And I also have a spouse who loyally and relentlessly loves me for who I am. That's not bad at all. Not bad at all.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg